11… “A History in the Demise of the Southern Plains Bison” by Wyman Meinzer, 2pm, Helen DeVitt Jones Auditorium. Reception and book signing to follow talk. In conjunction with the Masterson and Mooar Crossing Trails on the Texas Frontier exhibits and the exhibition Window on the West: Views from the American Frontier. Free admission. RSVP to 806.742.2443 by Aug. 7. Sponsored by the Helen Jones Foundation, Inc.
- 13-16… Movies@The Museum: A Special Bogart Movies Series, Jones Auditorium, 2pm each day, FREE.
◦ 13… The Big Sleep (1946)
◦ 14… Sabrina (1954)
◦ 15… Treasure of Sierra Madre (1948)
◦ 16… Casablanca (1942)
- 17… Saturday@The Museum: Arts and Scraps, 1-4pm. Free public, come-&-go event. Enjoy fun, hands-on activities, experiments, and challenges! This month’s activities include sand sculpture, dinosaur feet, and friendship bracelets. Activities are FREE of charge and are for children ages 8 and up and family members. FREE
- 21… Studio 360: Beginning Drawing for Adults, 1-4pm. For ages 18 & up. Art classes held the 3rd Wednesday of the month. FREE
- 21… Moody Planetarium returns to Wednesday–Sunday show schedule; two shows per day; extra Saturday shows at 11:30am.
The Moody Planetarium show for August 2nd First Friday Art Trail will not be Laser Michael Jackson. Instead the shows are
Seasonal Stargazing at 5:30 pm
Dawn of the Space Age at 6:30 pm and
Saturn: Ring World II at 7:30 pm.
Tickets may be purchased thirty minutes before the show time and are $3 for students and $5 for adults.